Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Day Late

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday for blog posts this week, but never posted! I have the best reason in the world for not posting, the kids are on spring break and I was playing with them most of the day.

I know this is not looking all that different from week to week, but here is the Tuesday update picture. I was a bit disappointed in myself this week because I only got 8 repeats done. Then I took a moment to think about why I was being so silly and hard myself. Eight after all means I have exceeded my goal for myself of one repeat a day.

I hear what Shannon was saying about rows getting longer as you work on a shawl. My repeats were taking me longer because my rows got longer. I am passed halfway on my shawl, which means with this particular pattern, my rows are getting shorter again, so I should be flying by the end of the week.



It has been really windy the past two weeks, and its a very cold wind. So windy in fact that we have had our BBQ slide across the back deck, hockey nets blow across our driveway and onto lawn, crazy wind.

One day last week as I was driving into our neighborhood, I was driving pretty slow as school had just let out so there were lots of kids around, I saw something blowing along the road. I said to the kids is that a ball of yarn that just blew by the us? I pulled over and a grabbed the suspect item only to discover it was a ball of yarn, a very nice ball of yarn, its Merino, Baby Alpaca and Possum.



What do you do when you rescue a lost ball of yarn. Do you post signs on the mailbox? What if someone lost it and needs it to finish the project they are working on?

3 comments:

dwgnldy said...

I think not blogging because you're playing with the kids is an excellent excuse for being absent. LOL!

I'd put a sign up on posts near the place you found the yarn. Make it simple and have the person describe the color and stuff to you when they call. It's the only thing you can do.

I think the shawl is coming along very nicely. You'll need it for the windy days ahead!

Wudas said...

Why can't I find yarn like that blowing down the street? I wonder where it was to get blown down the street?

Shannon said...

I think your shawl is coming along wonderfully. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.